Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO103 MAF code fixed

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO103 MAF code fixed

Just wanted to send out a thanks for the info on a previous thread I started on a PO103 high frequency code my car was setting at WOT after my head and cam swap. I spoke to many tuners and shops and it wasn't till I posted it here that someone told me to clean the MAF with electronics cleaner. I did that and finally the weather broke today where I could make a few passes and no more code! I wish I knew this before I ran the 1/4 mile because it set the code every time I went down the track. It seems to be stronger a WOT but we will find out next year. Thanks again. The best part is it costed me 0.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

awesome man!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now just get rid of the crappy K&N fileter so your MAF wires wont get oiled and dirty again. Those oiled filter suck. Go back to a paper filter. There is no HP difference and they dont require oil.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

There is a new Amsol filter out that doesn't use cotton gauze and oil like the K&N/Holley :

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eaa.aspx?zo=1436102

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cleaned my MAF and the code still comes back. But no check engine light??? Im running a cone filter on my swap so Im pretty limited to my choices for filters.

Did anyone determine if the code hurts performance at all?? Im wondering if its just a history code...because it comes back after i clear the DTCS...but with no check engine light. The light is functioning...

I dont know what to do about the filter... I wish I could find a cone filter that is the same as teh K&N that I have.

Justin
Old 10-14-2006, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

The only way I thought the code can be in there is if it was a history code. My car turned the light on when ever the code set and the only time the code was in there with no light was after I came home from the track where it set. I never got into it that hard again and after a few drive cycles the PCM never saw the problem so it turned off the light. Of course as soon as I blasted it threw the gears again a few days later, it was back on. I don't know if it hurts performance when the light is on, it was in a "limp Mode" while the problem existed, which in my car, was anytime the throttle was wide open with high RPM's. I wish I get a chance to run it at the track this year so I can see if it runs any stronger. It feels stronger in the street now but that is hard to tell sometimes.