PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cause of LT B1 norm & LT B2 maxed out ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cause of LT B1 norm & LT B2 maxed out ?

Have a TSP Torquer 2 in my car & all bolt ons. Had help on a tune from a pro, but had valve float. Turned out had rocker arms were not shimmed right & were a little loose so went back to the stock rockers. Thats all that has changed on the car. Now car will not idle. On start up can give it a little gas to make it idle. rev car & it sounds ok, near idle it wants to die. When look at the scanner, LTB1 is at around 3.9 and LTB2 is maxed out at 18.0. Thought may be O2 Sensors so swapped them form side to side, gives same results. Changed the fuel filter cause the car has been sitting no help. Checked all the plug wires they are all on there and each header tube is hot per the temp gun so know its firing on all eight. I even put the stock tune before the cam back in and get the same results.

Have HPTuners, cam, stock heads, 3500 stall, all bolt on's.

Any help or suggestions as to what may be the casue? Is it just need to work on the tune more again or could it be something mechanical?

Want to drive my car again!

EDIT: Just looked and no Knock Retard. Was told this cam was supposed to run OK/driveable even on a stock tune so thats why not sure what is the cause. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Possible leak either in the exhaust or on that side of the motor letting unmetered air in?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, will check it out.

Quick Reply: Cause of LT B1 norm & LT B2 maxed out ?