Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconecting problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disconecting problem

Has anyone ever had this problem? I was having a tune loaded into the PCM of my 99 6-speed Vette and in the middle of writing it to the PCM it disconected. It did this about 30 more times and said the voltage was low. So I changed the battery and hooked the battery up to a running trucks battery and it drained a ton of voltage just having the interior lights on. And still the same problem. Well now I can't even start the car because I can't get a tune in it or a stock one for that matter. HP tuners was being used and the tunner is well known and has tuned over 200 cars. Any ideas?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Did that to me when my laptop batt failed. Said low voltage and stopped writing in the middle of a re-write. The friggin car was stuck on the side of the road with one blinker on and all the lights going. You know the funky things they do during a write. Just stayed that way.

Had to run home and get 200' of extension cord to power up the laptop. Plugged into the nearest thing to me, a church.

It sounds like you are describing a vehicle voltage thing, but I just thought I would give you soemthign else to look at.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:15 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah we thought that could be it, pluged it in and still the same issue. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

The pcm was fried, changed it out and all problems are gone.