PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turned SES light off, now funky idle.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turned SES light off, now funky idle.

I don't know if this is the right forum, but i installed a TSP lid and then took it for a quick spin and everything went great. My SES light has been on for a while due to a "clutch circuit switch malfunction" whatever that is. So I reset the light by pulling the PCM BAT and PCM IGN fuses according to install university and now it idles low for a few seconds then kicks up. The funky idle happens at start up and everytime i come to a stop sign or have to stop for any reason. Is this b/c I reset the ECU and it just takes time to get back to normal? I let it run and took it for a quick drive, a total of about five minutes. If it just takes time to get it's readings back to normal how long will that take? Oh yeah, performance also seems to be suffering from this issue.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

your pcm is re-learning to idle. best bet is to fix the problem that caused the light to come on.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Thanks,

I dont know how to fix a "clutch circuit switch malfunction." I did some research and it says that when you depress the clutch it is supposed to change the voltage but that is not happening. I don't notice anything different since the light came on. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Probably replace the switch. As to how to do it, or where it's located...hopefully someone else will post that because I don't know
Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

I have a similar problem but the SES light is tuned out on a lot of things so I'm not sure if thats what the problem is or not. Anyone know how to check/change the clutch circuit switch?
Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

I bet its behind the pedal.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know i really wish people would just yank the damn fuse out....you dont unplug your computer from the wall when its running slow....this is also WHY they make tuning suites like efi live...