Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runs fine for a min when cold then starts misfiring...help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Runs fine for a min when cold then starts misfiring...help

The car randomly started acting up when i came to a light. I was not beating on the car just normal driving. The car started to shake horribly and i could tel that it was misfiring, plug wire, coil, or plug is what i figured. I found one of my plug wires snapped in half. I replaced all the plug wires and the car idled fine until i gave it gas then it started misfiring again. I'm perplexed because the car ran fine until it warmed up and then it started misfiring. I'm lost any opinions?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:50 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front 02 sensors probably are the culprit, as the car runs okay until it changes loops. The 02's are supposed to be replaced every 30k miles, but hardly anyone does it. You should see better gas mileage with new ones. Bob
Old 10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i'll look into it. it was really abrupt and that is what perplexed me since the ignition system was functioning properly. I never would have thought of the o2's thanks a lot. I've got to get it fixed asap, picking up my new goat on wednesday so i need to get this one fixed and sold. thanks again