Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't idle...having problems after wire play

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't idle...having problems after wire play

Ok, so I went to wire up my transbrake.....I used an old hot wire that was running to a sensor from my old transmission, at least I think it was from my old tranny. I pulled the hot wire from it and wired it to the transbrake. However, the inline fuse holder I had bought was not large enough for the fuses I had, so I started the car to take it to the store to get smaller size fuses. Started the car up and it idled like normal, then it started to idle REALLY low, I mean around 500rpms...eventually it'd shut down. So I get back under the car and some wires had got against the header and melted. All the wires were from unused sensors though, so I didn't think it'd matter much. All my friends, and I, have concluded it's an electronic problem, but not sure what it is exactly. My IP Dimmer fuse keeps blowing as well, if that means anything.

I'm gonna have the car tuned ASAP but I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what I did?

Please.....someone help before I sell this money pit.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Ttt...
Old 11-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Car idles ok for a minute or two, then starts to try and cut off. It pops through the exhaust really badly now too. Is it just running way too rich?