PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT's off from bank to bank - ASA cam - help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTFT's off from bank to bank - ASA cam - help!

I just had an ASA cam installed, and when scanning, I'm seeing differences up to 15% between banks as far as LTFTs go. I understand either injector, intake port leak, exhaust leak, rough idle, plug, etc. However, with a 110LSA, listening for an exhaust leak is out of the question. It's loud, and sounds like a damn sewing machine.As a whole, it scans lean, but I'm talking, maybe 6% on bank one, and in general, twice as much on bank two.

For those of you with cams that are a bit choppier, how do you go about looking/listening for the problem? I've got an '00 C5 with LTs, no cats, and Borla XR-1 exhaust.

Any help would be appreciated. Where do I start?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can use a piece of rubber hose to the hear and the engine or just get an Engine Stethoscope from the parts store. That lets you hear through all the noise.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey man, glad to see you got the car up & running! What kind of condition are your o2 sensors in? It wouldn't hurt to replace them with fresh ones, plus they're not going to be 100% accurate anyhow after moving them so far downstream with the longtubes. BTW, I just got my office done yesterday so I should be able to send you a couple .bin files for that ASA cam tonight.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Hey man, glad to see you got the car up & running! What kind of condition are your o2 sensors in? It wouldn't hurt to replace them with fresh ones, plus they're not going to be 100% accurate anyhow after moving them so far downstream with the longtubes. BTW, I just got my office done yesterday so I should be able to send you a couple .bin files for that ASA cam tonight.

They're brand new. I had already installed the LTs, but I had a set I ordered - dreaded getting in there (since the new o2 spots are in bad spots), so I just asked the installer to throw 'em in while he had the headers off for the TO bearing.

I understand that they won't be all too accurate being so far down, but on average, they're always off... that's the only thing that has me concerned.

Thanks again for the .bin help. I've been scanning, pretty much, since I picked up the car. Everything's looking way off, but good... Did a quick WOT yesterday, and realized that I'm probably going to have an excessive noise ticket within the next few months.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets try this in the tuning section.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are seeing the difference primarily at idle it is not much of a problem. I have been trying to get my 111 dialed in at idle for months. The hose idea is good and then you just have to crawl around under the car with it running and VERY carfully feel for exhaust leaks.
Transposing the L<>R injectors will eliminate that posssibility.
I know you don't want to hear it but transposing the 02s is an option.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Question

A shot of Seafoam, and watch for the leaks??