PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer problem or Injector problem LT1. Open and closed loop mode questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Computer problem or Injector problem LT1. Open and closed loop mode questions.

Well check this out...... I replaced the O2 sensors and it went into closed loop. But it is still doing the same thing. Backfiring and spitting and popping at 3000 rpms and more. I talked to g force and they told me to check the plugs. I checked the plugs and They were white. So i instantly knew it was running lean. So I went back to recheck the fuel pressure..... 42-44lbs at idle and 46 at wot? No check engine lights nothing. Just a 1350 rpm idle, backfiring and the backfiring is a lean backfire. Could this be my injectors or the tune on my computer. It feels great in open loop mode. I can stomp all over it and drive the hell out of it when its cold but when it warms up and I can keep an eye on the scanner at the same time; the instant it goes into closed loop mode the car freaks out......... Any more ideas? what sensors work primarly in open loop mode? And which sensors primarly work in closed loop mode.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is all you did was replace the O2 sensors or did you change anything else?