Sponsored by:

IAC affect start up? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default IAC affect start up? HELP

Does the IAC affect ignition start?
My car will start on first try like it should sometimes and here lately ive had to pedal it. (A4) Ill hold the pedal down about half way, long enough for the car to start. Then it has to lean it self back out cause of fuel.

IAC problem?

Ive changed...fuel filter and spark plugs.

Barttery has plenty of power.

Starter fires but the car wont start...It doesnt matter if the car is hot or cold....It has a mind of its own!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does "a few mods" consist of? Has anyone been snooping around in your PCM with a laptop?

IAC is still measured airlfow...so it shouldn't affect fueling. You can try cleaning the IAC. Might as well clean the MAF while your in there. If the IAC wasn't working right, idle would be off while driving (ie - coming to a stop) - not just at startup.

A little more info will be needed to help you out...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cam bolt on are the mods.. ported tb.
I forgot to metion I did take the IAC off and clean it.. whiped it down... it was soot black(that normal???) I used intake cleaner in the TB and where the hole is for the IAC.

None of the mods are a recent addition....It started acting like this about a month ago. I daily drive it. The car does struggle a little bit finding idle when slowing to a red light. I have replaced the TPS over the summer cause it went out.

Noone has "snooped" around with my PCM...3 tuners have helped tune the car... and the last tuner helped replace the TPS.

He is in a different city and could help if he could plug up...I figured Id give it a shot on here...thought it might turn out something I could replace as opposed to tuning.

Quick Reply: IAC affect start up? HELP