PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans problems..Tuning/Trans guru's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans problems..Tuning/Trans guru's!!!

ok i have a 2000 s10, an 04 Ls1, and an 05 truck 4l60e... Jared @ currentperformance.com made the harness and tuned the computer and has been helping me for about 4 weeks to solve the bugs in the setup...

Originally i had an 03 corvette pcm #12200411 and i locked that one up some how and was unable to install any tunes... So i sent it to jared and he sent back an 02 truck pcm... so thats what im using now... I believe we have been using a 5.3l truck tune and he just adjusted the variables to make the 5.7l run... Either way the engine runs great!

The problem im having is this...
When i start the truck up and take it down the road it shifts into Second fine... shifts into 3rd fine and if i start cruising it shifts into 4th fine.. If at anytime i go WOT then it will jump into OD and accelerate like a bat out of hell... but once i slow down it sticks in 3rd gear and wont downshift or upshift at all... I can only get it to cycle through the gears once and after that it stays in 3rd... I have to shut the truck off and turn it back on to get it to shift again... and agian it will only cycle through the gears once and after that Im stuck in 3rd...

basically if i have been in 1st,2cd,4th, or overdrive once it will not go back into any of those gears... it just stays in 3rd...

I have a 4.11 7.5 rearend and 215-35-r18 wheels if that matters...

I dont understand it, and we are seriously running out of options... Jared has tried changing everything he can think of but, replacing the computer out again (to an 04-05 computer) He thinks that sinces its an 02 computer its not running my 05 4l60e but as far as i know the 02 pcm should be able to...

If anyone knows what this could be please help me out...

check out my swap thread if you need to know anything more...
Old 12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you could post the file we could probably rule out the tune for you.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

okay here is the file...

http://www.rarhost.com/download-da5m7e.html

its a .crg file which i use to load into my Preditor...

I dont know if thats what you need but that is what i got...

please help!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

ttt...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

I just read another thread that said the speed of the vehicle speed has alot to do with how it shifts... in that tune i uploaded, the pulses are at 40 but my speedo is way off... i have gps in my truck and at about 45-50 actual mph the speedometer is already at 100 (speedo maxes out at ~ 100 maybe 105)... jared doesn't understand why my speedo is so different from other s10 speedos... but it worked fine before the swap...

jared had fixed the speedo in one of the 20 tunes he sent me but it still didn't shift right in that tune either... I believe he had to lower the pulses or something like that... i dont know alot about what he explains to me because im not a tuner...
Old 12-09-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like the tranny is going into limp mode. If it goes into limp mode then it will go into 3rd and stay there. You might want to check for any codes or to see if you have a bad connection somewhere.