Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with the LT1 Anti-Theft

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with the LT1 Anti-Theft

I need some guidence please, I was driving home from work and I stopped at a store to pick up some soda. I wasnt even 5 minutes in there. Come out to the car turn the key and I got nothing , nothing at all no fuel pump running , no cranking, just the radio came on and some light on the dash, After service engine soon went off after turning the key, The "Security" light stayed on. WTF. I locked and unlocked the car and still I got nothing when I turned the key. I open the fuse panel and check all fuses and all are good, When I pulled the PCM one the Security light went out. Sweet I thought maybe it reset its self. plug it back and and started the car and still nothing and Secuirty light is back on. Open the hood, Checked the MAF sensor, nothing out of the ordinary. Go back in the car turn the Key on and I here the Fuel Pump, I turned to Start and Bam fired right up.. Ok! what is up now. Got home shut it off and started back up again..

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Lock cylinder croaked. HAve to replace it and get a dealer to cut a key based off of your old one. On 96' back they do not store the vats pellet data with the vin # in dealer records.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I am a little familiar with Lock Cylinders, I used to code them when I worked at Dodge, Do I just go to the dealer and buy a new Lock cylinder for my car and have them code it using my ignition key?? Why would I need them to cut me a new key? Because I used to use a chart to find the correct numbers to code the cylinder using a original key.
Thank you though it makes sence that the Lock cylinder would be the root cause.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to http://shbox.com and look through his "How to's" Lots of good LT1 info on R&R the ignition switch, passkey/VATS, key pelet values, disabling, etc. Could be something as simple as a dirty key too.

Quick Reply: Trouble with the LT1 Anti-Theft