Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Wont Start + LS2 PCM diff 05-06

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Wont Start + LS2 PCM diff 05-06

2006 Corvette LS2 bored and stroked and sleeved to 7.0 Liter. Cam: 242/246 .6xx?
LS7 heads fully ported. It also has 42# injectors.

Last night I threw in a base tune by just scaling for the injectors in the IFR table and scaled from 6liter to 7liter. The car would not start at all. They are thinking it has something to do with the crank position sensor not working right or something because it wont even fire. Any ideas? I dont think this is a tuning issue, but could it be? If I am missing something let me know.

The car seriously will not even start for 1/2 second. All it does is every few seconds it lets out a little pop/puff from the exhaust.

I did notice the timing while trying to start the car was 11*. I tried upping that in the cranking timing table and it did show that it was adding timing, but made very little difference.

Am I missing something or is this a mechanical issue. We are thinking its mechanical.

Also, just to add this in, I have realized that the 05 PCM's have a VE table, whereas the 06+ do NOT. Read here, this is the new 06 form of VE:http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8490

Pretty crazy!
With that said, I dont see any good way of doing VE tuning for LS2's 06+ for a little while until they figure this **** out. On the up side, I spoke with a good close friend who does LS motor builds and he recently did a large cam in an LS7 (mid 240's duration) and he did ZERO tuning and the car ran fine. So I am hoping there wont be much if any surging or bucking as long as we get the throttle body drilled right for the IAC's to come down.

Quick Reply: LS2 Wont Start + LS2 PCM diff 05-06