Sponsored by:

quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick question.

Been searching and need a few answers.

Im in need to tune my current build. I will most definitely be going past the 2 bar map area. I have a 98 pcm aka the suck!

What real options do i have. If i have to, which is more or a financial hurt, to go with a Big Stuff 3, then, well, i guess i have to. But im interested in doing this without going broke right now and need to tune past 15psi.

I know hptuners has the 2 bar setup, but what about efilive, couldn't really get a confirmation when i briefly visited their site. Car is a auto 4l80e 408ci single turbo T6.

Will it be less costly to swap the pcm to a 99+ then a big stuff 3? Also, i read that you need to swap out your fuel tank as well? Is this correct? IF that is the case, my options will have to be a nasty type of fuel tank with a sump option.

thanks!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HP Tuners is the ONLY software package that offers a 2 bar custom operating system for 98's, period.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What is your max boost target?

Basically, if you use our 2bar solution, you lose tuning adjustibility between 15+ psi, but you can still tune for max boost..

What happens is as soon as you hit 15psi, you put in enough fuel for whatever max psi you tuned the vehicle for.. so if you tune it for 20 psi, then you would be dumping the same amount of fuel between 15 and 20psi..

Or you could add a 2.5bar MAP sensor and trick the tune a little bit.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Im shooting for a max in the 24 psi range. This is a boost level that i feel will not be used all the time, however, if i were to guess, i would like to be able to sustain a powerful, safe tune in the 18-20psi level.

SO that 2.5bar is right up my alley... dont feel that i would need more than that. How would that work anyways?

thanks ya'll!!

Also, by tuning, theoretically, the same amount of fuel for anything above 15psi, i will in essense not be running at optimal or near that, rich in other words. Though rich is better than lean, in a way, will i be able to adjust my timing or will it be just like the fuel, a constant value for anthing above the 15psi range?