Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little help wiring up my lc-1

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a little help wiring up my lc-1

Well my lc-1 is wired up and works great with hptuners and simming narrowband for my car.

So basically how can i get the gauge to work, it to supply egr voltage and to simulate narrowband at the same time?

I have one output wired through my egr valve wire and is monitored through the pcm with hptuners.
This gets:
5V = 18 af
0v = 10 af

The other output goes to the factory driver a/f wire and it sims for that.
I have this porgrammed as
1V = 14 af
0v = 15 af

I have my gauge input running off of the pcm 69 a/f wire: HO2S High Signal Bank 1 Sensor 1

Basically I have this gauge:
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...id=3531&sid=60

The gauge's voltage rating is:
Lean Range Four red LED’s (.050 to .249V)
Stoichiometric Range Ten yellow LED’s (.250 to .749V)
Rich Range Six green LED’s (.750 to 1.000V)

It is acting retarded and just jumps all over the place, doesn't match up with my WB reading (i realize at idle it should fluctuate a bit), it isn't doing NB behavior either.

Only solution i could think of is changing the wideband output to the voltage range of the gauge and then adjusting hptuner's pids accordingly (but would a range of 0 to 1v still work for hptuners? Then wiring the guage into the same wire as the egr to the pcm (would this work or would it affect voltage to both devices?)

or
just welding in another o2 bung and making the wideband just run the gauge and hptuners.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Sound like it is working correctly. That gauge is a narrow band gauge. You will never get your a/f ratio off that gauge. More of a light show than anything else. I know I have 2 one for each bank, and I tied into the O2 signal wires to the PCM. I dont remember which ones to be exact. I can check if you really want to know, but it sounds like you got it right. You need to buy a wb gauge(expensive) to see your a/f ratio readings. Eventually I will replace mine with them, but I will need to buy another Lc-1, and wire it in for the other bank.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Well i bought this model with the expectation that it would actually show wideband:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=151

It says this:
Its finally here! A wideband controller that will turn your current Autometer air/fuel ratio gauge into a real wideband gauge. Simple installation, comes with everything you need for a complete installation (wideband controller, wideband o2 sensor, cables, bungs etc..). No laptop needed! This Wideband controller comes pre-programmed to work right out of the box.

The gauge does act a little differently than when i had it running off the wideband (before the thing would fluctuate back and forth), now it just hops all over the place and likes to sit at very rich even when im not reading extremely rich.

I guess they could be lying.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

That's a new one on me. I don't see how you can (not saying you can't) turn a nb gauge into a wb guage with the LC-1 unless they added another output that would work in the range of the narrow band, and would be stable. I guess they could if they chose too. My LC-1 had 2, well 3 out puts if you count the 2.5mm serial connection. That is the one you would connect to Innovatives wb guage. One of the others mimics a nb, for a gauge, or PCM, or whatever you choose. And of course the last one is your wb otuput.
The gauge you are using is it one of the ones listed at the bottom of the ad? If you do get it to work let me know. It will save me alot of money down the road. I'm probable looking at $800 for the 2 gauges, and another LC-1 kit.
How manny outputs does your LC-1 have? I've had mine for about a year now.