Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS inop, ASR off lights on...little insight please

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS inop, ASR off lights on...little insight please

ok.. well at first startup sometimes they are not on, sometimes they are.

if they are not on at first startup i can sometimes drive for alittle bit, and then if i make a hard turn or stop i will feel the abs shimmy in my brake pedal and then bam the lights come on and both stop working.

i am not real sure that i have any other symptoms to note, can anyone lead me in the rightdirection?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

hmmm... well after a little research i do have different size tires and wheels from front to rear, and before i had the EFI live to fix this discrepancy and now i dont.. possibly the problem being that it works for the first couple of feet of driving sometimes and the first mile or two other times i suppose.... ???
Old 03-27-2007, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My wife's car (00 z28) does it too and it has same size tires on all corners. The car sits outside without moving for a few days at a time. And I know the inside of the rotors build up quit a bit of rust, to the point that the ebrake would rub when disengaged. So it could be a dirty sensor wheel speed. I have to lift it up and take a look, but because it happens when I go over rough pavement I'm thinking I have a loose wheel speed sensor or a sensor going bad. If you find the problem post the solution as I'm not going to get a chance to look at this for a wee while.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

still same issues any input?

thanks guys
Old 05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have significant variance in tire diameter from front to rear, that is the cause. There is no fix to this problem (that I have come across). I dont think that this can even be resolved with software. Atleast not in an f-body. I believe that the ABS system is seperate from the PCM.

Quick Reply: ABS inop, ASR off lights on...little insight please