Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it because I need a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it because I need a tune?

I recently had a set of Kooks headers/catted Y installed on my T/A. Now, the car seems to be sputtering a bit, bucking a little, when cruising around. I have not gotten a tune yet, but could a tune be what the problem is?

Basically, the Mods are: Kooks headers, GmmG catback, march underdrive pulley. Is that enough to through the stock tune out of wack?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

If you take it somewhere and ask for a tune, make sure you specify the driveability issues you're having. Otherwise, they might just kill some codes, throw it on the dyno, dial in WOT, and hand you the keys and a bill.

There are good tuners and shops out there. But, don't assume they all are decent. The other option you have is to spend a little more and get your own software. There are people that will help you here if you can't get past what's spelled out in the instructional files in the stickies.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finding the good tuner isnt the issue. I've already got that taken care of... I'm just wondering if the symptoms are a result of the lack of tune or something else.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My stock tune never did anything like that all by itself...the headers did end up killing a couple sets of O2 sensors though, and that DID make it run like ****.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe thats what it is... thanks