Sponsored by:

Innovative St-12 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Innovative St-12 worth it?

I was looking at the St-12 and the Lm1.

is it worth the $2000 sticker price to be able to read afr from each individual cylinder? or would it be better to buy the Lm1 for around $650+ and just read each cylinder separately? of course this would be time consuming, but I believe we would all agree that $1000 extra dollars would be nice to use on other things in tuning and mods(not to mention, LIFE)

Any way just guaging everyones opinions.

And if you know where to get one at a descent price let me know.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not worth it in my opinion... better off get an EGT setup if you really want to monitor all 8 cylinders...

but in the end... unless you're running an aftermarket ECM that lets you control bias for each cylinder... you can't adjust fueling on a cylinder by cylinder basis...

so it's one of those things where it'd be nice if you had tons of money, but it's not really necessary since you can't do a thing about individual cylinder fueling....

It'd be useful for seeing failed injectors, spark,e tc... but if an entire cylinder is out, you'd notice that just by looking at the narrowband O2s
Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help, I can see how this cylinder by cylinder scanner would be a great way to gather up every bit of horsepower/cylinder, if all the other needed mods are already there.