Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced MAP sensor and now get P0107 code

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced MAP sensor and now get P0107 code

Last week I had to replace a knock sensor under the intake mainfold. I broke the oil sending unit and the MAP sensor while trying to put the intake mainfold back on (they were brittle and broke easy).

I brought a new MAP sensor from the local GM dealer and installed it. Even made sure the sensor is installed correctly and the plug is connected good.

Fired up the engine and the ASR went offline after a few seconds. On the next start, the SES light came on and it was the code P0107 for Mainfold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit Lo.
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8765.php

I even reset the PCM again and still get the same problem.

Could it be that the new part is defective or something else?

BTW everything is stock from the MAF to the end of the exhaust Y-pipe.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you scan the car to see what values the PCM is seeing for the MAP?

Did you make 100% sure that all the wires cleared the intake manifold (nothing pinched... I've pinched knock sensor wires before on intake manifolds, so possible the MAP is pinched)

Do you recall the part number for the MAP sensor you bought?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horist
can you scan the car to see what values the PCM is seeing for the MAP?

Did you make 100% sure that all the wires cleared the intake manifold (nothing pinched... I've pinched knock sensor wires before on intake manifolds, so possible the MAP is pinched)

Do you recall the part number for the MAP sensor you bought?
I don't have a tech2 scan tool. Just a basic code reader I borrow from the local auto parts store.

Pretty sure all the wires going to the MAP sensor isn't pinched and it's the same route as before the intake mainfold was removed. Even disconnected and reconnected the MAP sensor plug to make sure it wasn't a bad connection.

I will get you the part # when I get home. I hope they didn't revise the part and not change the part #.

I still have the old part but at the same time I'm tempted to glue the port back on but hesistant to put it back in.
And trying to get the parts guy at the local GM dealer to replace it sounds like another story.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

MAP sensor part # 16212460
Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had this same problem when i did my intake instal turned out one of the wires in the connector was pulled loose...
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C Murda
i had this same problem when i did my intake instal turned out one of the wires in the connector was pulled loose...
Found the problem 10 mins ago!!!

Had a can of aircraft eletronics contact cleaner with me from work today, took the pax side FRC off and the AIR tube, reached and disconnected the connector and looked at it, tugged on each of the wires and the green wire came out of the weather seal without effort.

Ordered the same plug with a pigtail wire to splice and solder into...should be here in a day to two.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Midnight F-117A
MAP sensor part # 16212460
Glad you got it fixed. Im about to buy a new MAP sensor...and Im going through GM. But I cant find that part number you posted in any of the part number lists... For a stock 1-bar MAP part number Im getting 12569240 (old part number 16137039).

So now Im confused. haha...

Justin

Quick Reply: Replaced MAP sensor and now get P0107 code