Sponsored by:

Tune on a 98 w/STS and 42lbs injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune on a 98 w/STS and 42lbs injectors

Need some help tunning my 98 Camaro

I just installed 42lbs injectors and an STS kit, for some reason STS does not support 98's, so I'm sort of stuck, I do have HPTuner for the car but am pretty lost since i don't understand the theory behind it.

The closest file I have is a 99 tune for a stock car from Squires, and an 383 Stroker car with 42lbs from HPE website.

Question is which tables do I take, to not mess up all the other mods on my current tune (done by synergy in 2004).

Any help pls!! A good site that explains a file anything

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do this. Don't go this route.

Take your time to save your engine and be able to enjoy the result. The 2-bar OS upgrade for HPT is the way to go, but you have a lot of reading up to do, just take your time. GET a wideband. Do you have the HPT pro interface? If so you can log through that, if not it will have to go back through EGR, AC Level, or something and can be logged through there.... read read read. Sorry dude, it's that or pay a pro and work off of his tune, but learning to do this yourself is the way to go. Goto HPTuners' forum as well.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you located?

Since it seems you don't have a lot of tuning experience right now, I would HIGHLY recommend having a pro tune the car. The reason being that it's an FI car. A poor tune could cost you a motor. An NA car IMO is more forgiving than an FI car if you make a mistake.

Brian