PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

All the sudden my car drives like crap for the first minute it's on! What's going on!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All the sudden my car drives like crap for the first minute it's on! What's going on!

Tuesday, my car starting acting really weird for the first minute or so I go anywhere. I give the engine a little gas and start to release the clutch but the just starts to die. I put the clutch back in the rpms come back up so I rev it even more and the engine just starts to die again. When I finally can get the car moving with the clutch engaged, the car will shoot back and forth. I give it gas to go forward and the rpms go up but the car barely moves forward, then all the sudden it shoots forward to what the normal speed was. It will go back and forth like this for about the first minute of driving and then everything is completely normal. I finally set off 2 codes last night, one for throttle position sensor A low input, and the other code was a misfire. I checked my throttle position sensor and the voltage was .52 which I read has to be at least .6v at idle so I adjusted the set screw, reset the codes, and did the TPS relearn. I also changed the fuel filter. The car drove around fine the first 2 times I drove it but tonight, I went to leave and the car started doin the same thing again! I checked the TPS when I got home and it was .61v so it isn't that.
I'm out of ideas now, could this really just be coming from the spark plugs and wires needing to be changed or something else? I'm not changing the plugs til Monday the 14th when I have headers installed.
I just don't understand why it only happens for the first minute or so and then it drives just fine. HELP!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also if this helps, I just bought the car a week or so ago and I wanted to check to see if the limited slip was still good so either on Monday or Tuesday of this week, I did maybe a 5 second burnout and the rpms just started to drop til the car was almost dead during it. I think that was the first time this happened but that wasn't within the first minute of driving like every occurance has been since.
I'm guessing this is either electrical, or the spark plugs and wires need to be changed, or maybe I got old gasoline???