PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just thought I would let you guys know how my tune went at Green Light Motorsports :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just thought I would let you guys know how my tune went at Green Light Motorsports :)

Well I just got my car tuned a little over a week ago by Chad at GLM and really just got out to play around with it for the first time today. I knew when I pulled out of Kokomo that all of the shifts felt firmer, and that it ran smoothly, but I never really got a chance to feel how it felt while accelerating. That changed today.

I went and picked my sister up from school today with all of her school stuff and tennis stuff (probably about 200lbs extra) and I had the t-tops off and the windows down and let me tell you, that thing pulled like I have never felt it pull before .

I can tell you that traction control is officially my enemy through all of first gear now . TWICE I tried accelerating with it on and failed. lol. Both times I would get up past about 30-35 (something like 4k rpms or a bit more) and the tires would start squealing at me, the TCS kicked my foot back so much it would shift to 3rd, then let me foot go, and as the pedal would go down again and it would shift into the bottom of second... So needless to say, TCS is now my enemy anywhere in first gear and will NOT be turned on any time I want to accelerate. I can only imagine what it would be like with a stall that jumps to almost 4k rpms immediately when I hit the gas instead of having to wait for it... lol

After I would get going it pulled harder than I have felt it pull before, like I said before. It used to kind of hesitate before going into 3rd, but not anymore. That was my biggest complaint about this car before. Everyone said that LS1s pulled hard to the redline, but I never felt that. Mine always felt like it just ran out of steam up top just before third. Not anymore. This thing felt awesome. I am not kidding when I say it pulled harder and harder to the last second all the way before it shifted. Then after it shifted it hits 3rd HARD and acually pulls HARDER than the top of 2nd did just for a second. I was amazed. I finally feel like people should fear my LS1 up top... . I was going and all the way through 3rd...

Funny thing happened actually, I didn't even recognise the shift as being the 2-3 shift the first time I did it... I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer and not really thinking about how fast I was going, and looked down at 100mph and went "thats weird, where did the shift go?" lol. Then I found another safe spot and did it again, this time paying close attention to everything. Well, it did go to third, I just hadn't recognised it last time because it was SO much better and SOO much different than before (firm shift and didn't slow way down before shifting ).

Now that my mufflers are sounding better and better too it just SCREAMS now in the high rpms and sounds awesome(might have something to do with the tune too, but I don't know about that).

On top of that, the car runs very well and from what I have seen so far in this tank of gas it appears to be getting a little better gas mileage too.

So overall I am VERY pleased with the results. I am LOVING my car again just like the day I bought it , and I finally feel like my LS1 is behaving like it is supposed to. Next time to the track I am in the 12's 100% for sure, and my guess from how it feels is possibly even a 12.8 or better depending on the air.

So to finally wrap this up, this has been my best mod so far (if you want to call it that), and IMO the best $275 and 2 hours you could spend, even with just bolt-ons. Chad is a great guy to deal with too, very friendly and answers everyone's questions (I got to listen to him on the phone a few times so I know how he talks with everyone else too ).

So thanks for the great tune Chad! If your still around here when I do my bigger stuff I'll definitely be back again .
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

All hail the power of the Chad!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Congrats. Chad's a good guy.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Congratulations on the New Power!

Chad's a Good Guy and he sure does know his stuff when it comes to tuning!