Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 knock sensors?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 knock sensors?????????????

i read somewher about the 98 knocksensors screwing with timing some how.somthing about them pullin timing when its not neededIDK i wish i coud find the thread.the person was tellin a guy to get 99 up sensors and the harness as well.

Is there anything to this?

another question.
ive got 2 knock sensors out of a 02 4.8 and harness will they work?
im getting a knock sensor code so im gonna change them regardless
any help thanx
Old 05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

the '98 knock sensors are supposedly overly sensitive to knock ro something, which if that is the case they will be reporting knock to the PCM when there actually is none. That would cause the PCM to then ruduce ignition timing advance, reducing performance in the process.
I think it must be true. I have seen random 3 to 4 degrees of knock retart when logging data on my '98 for years. No matter how i adjust timing or fueling, it gets it. But i still have not changed to the '99 and up ones yet, because I think you either have to change that little wiring harness that runs under the intake manifold, or change the connectors on it because they use a different connector.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
11 Second Club

yeah 4 degrees is what i remember reading so on a nitrous car they may be better off left alone..