Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help MS4 Problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help MS4 Problem!!!!

I just installed an MS4 cam in a car can somebody please send me a start up tune cause it just starts and dies immediately! The car is pretty much just cam and bolt-ons and I am tuning it with HP tuners!!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Somebody has got to have something just lead me in the right track!!! PLEASE
Old 05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
9 Second Club

I just tuned a guy's car with an MS4. Send me a copy of the tune and I'll make some chagnes to get you started. I'll PM you my e-mail.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 304 Likes on 230 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Make sure everything is plugged in, try adjusting the Throttle Body, get more air in there..
Old 05-17-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...95#post6378295
Old 05-18-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a more recent one. Do not just write it to your car. Use the compare ferature and see what needs changing.

pm if you have any questions.
Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
1844.hpt.(5-11)rev20d.hpt (458.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
Make sure everything is plugged in, try adjusting the Throttle Body, get more air in there..
Raise your desired idle speed by 200-300 rpm.

Then, you will have to turn the idle screw in far enough to get the car running and get it warmed up. Once you have it running and warmed up, use scanner and set it up to log IAC Counts. Turn off the car. Now take off the MAF and all the plumbing so that you can get to the TB. Now either drill a new hole below the stock one or open up the stock hole a little bit. Clean all the shavings and turn the car back on. It should idle higher now. Start backing out the screw until it stumbles. The MAF should still be off the car. You will see the SES light come on (no MAF) but dont worry about it. Make the hole alittle bigger. Rinse and repeat. Do this until you have the set screw all the way out (butterfly completely closed). Once the set screw is out and the car is running, now you want to scan IAC counts. They should be over 100 still. If you are happy with the 300 rpm higher than stock idle, then you can start dialing in the IAC. If not, now is when you want to lower the idle. If the car still runs, great. If not, make the hole a little bigger. Once you have the desired idle rpms set correctly, now you can mess with the IAC. Basically just keep making the hole bigger until you get down to 30-60 count area. If the idle is still eratic, you may need to work on the idle spark over/under corrections. Make minimal (if any)corrections to the over speed table and larger corrections on the underspeed table. After that, you should work on the RAF table (Desired Idle Air). I use LTIT+STIT to figure this one out. This should get your car running provided the cam wasn't istalled incorrectly or something is still unplugged (like the cam position sensor).