Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor thrown

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor thrown

I have a 98 Formula with 135k A4. A few days ago I cleaned off my MAF with isopropyl alcohol (with it out of the car) and the car seemed to run the same afterward. Today I changed an old cracked aftermarket lid (not sure what brand) with an SLP lid. Changed out the IAT sensor and a new grommet. While I was in there I cleaned out the throttle body with some brake cleaner [I thought it was carb cleaner at first ] and wiped out about 2 paper towel's worth of black stuff. The original lid had a huge gap in the rear of it so it was basically bypassing the air filter, so I sealed it up with some weatherstripping. When I went to start it it took about 3 tries and didn't even attempt to fire. It finally ran and idled great, as well as rev. For about 20 mins it ran good, then got on the highway at WOT. It pulled hard but didn't accelerate or jump the rpms like normal. It was feeling hesitent so I slowed down a little and tryed to step on it again. RPMS came up slowly but no acceleration, almost like the transmission was slipping. Check engine light came on and ran like A@#. Got home, plugged in the OBDII reader and it gave me p0131 and p0151 codes. I am guessing that both 02 sensors going bad at once is a longshot, so it has to be something that I did. What is your best guess....could I have screwed up my MAF,or did the brake cleaner screw something up, or possibly sent some junk to the o2 sensors? Checked the fuse and the ground.... Any ideas? Thank you.