Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trims and WB dont match

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trims and WB dont match

My LTFT's are anywhere from -4 to -12, my STFT is from -2 to -8, and my WB02 is from 0 to -4 or -5. My afr err is almost dead on with the maf since I dialed it in. Anyone know what the deal is with this? Does anyone have their trims matching their wb, if not what should I tune by?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always go by the wideband, fuel trims are driven by the average of the O2 switch point voltage (typically around 450mV) and not actual AFR. After I tune the fueling to match the commanded, then I adjust the switch point voltage (in regard to the airflow mode) to achieve my desired cruising AFR (within the narrowband's limits).
Old 05-29-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12secSS
I always go by the wideband, fuel trims are driven by the average of the O2 switch point voltage (typically around 450mV) and not actual AFR. After I tune the fueling to match the commanded, then I adjust the switch point voltage (in regard to the airflow mode) to achieve my desired cruising AFR (within the narrowband's limits).
I think my wb is more accurate, but the ecu does not really care or see what that is does it? The fuel trims need to stay in the negative, no matter what the wb says right?

Im thinking about disabling my LTFT and just using the STFT and WB02.

Quick Reply: Trims and WB dont match