Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing tuner with a nitrous tune...questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing tuner with a nitrous tune...questions

Alright, so i had pcmforless write me a tune for a 100 shot, and recently i purchashed a timing tuner and im wondering how many degrees i could advance when im driving around w/o the juice. how much total timing can i run n/a?

For the record i bought the ls1 timing tuner and n20 controller, so if you've had experience with this beast any insight would be great!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by its turbo time
Alright, so i had pcmforless write me a tune for a 100 shot, and recently i purchashed a timing tuner and im wondering how many degrees i could advance when im driving around w/o the juice. how much total timing can i run n/a?

For the record i bought the ls1 timing tuner and n20 controller, so if you've had experience with this beast any insight would be great!!!
I bought the timing tuner also for my nitrous application before I got HPT, I run a tune I did myself for N/A and use the timing tuner to pull 3* (from the stock 28*) on a 125 shot. The only thing I would think PCM for less would have done is retard the timing in the higher map cells above 3k rpms. Do you have a way tosee where your timing is now? If so then you can set the WOT timing on the TT to where you want the total timing for WOT. You would really benefit from putting the stock timing back in and using the tt to yank the timing for spray only. IMO
Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what i want to do, but how much timing do i want na above 3k?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by its turbo time
thats what i want to do, but how much timing do i want na above 3k?
I run 28 degrees which is stock, I only run 28 because Ive heard from quite a few people that had there cars tuned on a dyno that it made more power at the wheels with stock timing or even lower after trying to advance the timing and getting lower hp #'s. I guess these motors dont need or want a lot of timing since they run such a high compression ratio.