Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hookup for LC1 Controller to V2

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hookup for LC1 Controller to V2

Looking to find which pins on the v2 that I plug the YELLOW and BROWN wire to the V2. I know the YELLOW plugs in the analog out 1 and the BROWN plugs into analog out 2..but the the place where I get confused on the V2 under
A4 A3 A2 A1 port there are + and - pins for each and I just dont know which to put them under...this is one of the things I never delt with where I worked when I used to tune..

I'm going to use some alligator clips for the RED positive and BLUE/WHITE ground so i can go car to car and tune, I'll just ground the BlACK wire when I need to free/air calibrate it..

Last edited by dirt_track_racer_81; 06-14-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it you are trying to use the LC-1 as a portable stand alone unit that you can take in and out of different vehicles?

If so, then I would recommend that you run the blue or sensor ground wire to a large gator clip all by it'self to somewhere up under the dash away from the cig lighter/data port/pcm ground. The green, white wires; system and analog grounds should be tied together to the V2 neg connector of which ever analog input you choose. The yellow and brown wires are analog signal wires, channel 1 and 2. The V2 gets it's ground from the data port. You can run the red wire to a cig adapter plug, just clip the ground wire from the plug. The idea is to keep the potential disater of the sensor ground away from the system / and signal grounds. If you tie them all together it is surely just a matter of time before the unregulated voltage spikes from the starter finds it's way back to the LC-1 and fries the Digital to Analog converter chip and you find yourself in that longstanding "Hate the LC-1" thread. Bonus points if you get a little project box from Radio Shack and incorporate the LED and push button switch so you can monitor the system status without having to plug in the serial line and be able to push it to free air cal.