Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Please

Hey guys I have bought a car with the motor rebuilt a two hundred miles before. 1997 Trans Am Heads,cam,stock bottom end, and all the supporting mods. My service engine light came on and stayed so my buddy slash mechanic pull a plug and told me it was running lean. So I haven't been driving it for the whole month I have owned it, waiting to get it tuned. So I have had a hard time finding somewhere local and now I have I thought about tuning it myself with a substancial amount of help from my friend "he says he can do it and I believe him". So this brings me to my point. I looked into lt1 edit ($450) then everyone told me to go tunercat then tunercat told me that they do not offer anything for my car to check with Jet Spectrum ($500). So I am trying to decide between the two but my real question is what else do I need: a Scanner "what is the price for one of these"? Gauges? Which ones? Rev limiter and timing control for my 6al msd box? Please tell me what I need I am frustrated and can not get help anywhere else and want to drive my car. Thanks for any help.

Chase