Sponsored by:

Superchips Tuner on 98's check in

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Tuner on 98's check in

Hey guys,

i tried searching but i keep timing out and such, i'm just hoping for some input from guys that have used the Superchips tuner. I have a 98 so my options are limited... its just a bolt on car right now... i picked one up for my car and i'm prolly gonna put it on tomorrow, weather pending.

I also gonna try to have my buddys wideband hooked up so i can see what it effects, from what i could gather its good to check that with lt headers.

Does anyone know what else i can program with this, specifically TM and what about having a custom tune downloaded into and then installed? do they do that on the 98 tuners like this?

any input is appreciated.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:35 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98_Formula
Hey guys,

i tried searching but i keep timing out and such, i'm just hoping for some input from guys that have used the Superchips tuner. I have a 98 so my options are limited... its just a bolt on car right now... i picked one up for my car and i'm prolly gonna put it on tomorrow, weather pending.

I also gonna try to have my buddys wideband hooked up so i can see what it effects, from what i could gather its good to check that with lt headers.

Does anyone know what else i can program with this, specifically TM and what about having a custom tune downloaded into and then installed? do they do that on the 98 tuners like this?

any input is appreciated.
Superchips does not make a hand tuner for a 98 F body. The only ones I know of are Hypertech and Vinci. I have had both. I could never get the Vinci to work on my 98, so I returned it. You might have better luck.

The Hypertech is good for gears, fans and trany settings, but nothing else. It will not do TM, or timing, fuel, etc. The power tune is also not much good.

Over the counter tunes are better, but still leave alot to be desired. For the price of a hand tuner, you can almost buy HP Tuners. I think it is the best way to go. Of course you have to take your time and learn how to use it. However, you will have almost no limitations with it. You will always be able to make the changes needed.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ yea they do, i have one. says on the back "micro tuner 2001" (retail version) 97-98 ls1. 2150.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

no one?