Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning hindered by 'cuting out' at 4300 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning hindered by 'cuting out' at 4300 rpm

During two tuning sessions, my tuner has been unable to tune my car as it won't consistantly turn past 4300 - 4600 rpm. The motor is a L92 stroker with L76 intake; I have 38 lb injectors, 90mm throttle body, 2002 Z06 MAF, long tube headers. The motor is in a 97 C5 using the stock ECM. Tuner is using HP Tuner s/w - at the end of the last tuning attempt he found a error code on the MAF and told me that the MAF could very well be the problem. Just want to confirm if we are on the right track. I bought the MAF new specifically for this application. Any thoughts? By the way in normal driving the car does ok if I drive it easy and don't shift past 3500-4300+.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tune questions should:
a) be posted in the tuning section
b) have logs/tune files attached

you'd run out of fuel with these injectors before hitting MAF's limit, so i doubt it's the MAF, but again, no logs==no data
Old 08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
tune questions should:
a) be posted in the tuning section
b) have logs/tune files attached

you'd run out of fuel with these injectors before hitting MAF's limit, so i doubt it's the MAF, but again, no logs==no data
Ditto....Is your "tuner" using a wideband? Are the 02s crashing? And the wideband too? You're running out of something. A good tuner is also a good diagnostic guy. If he cant figure it out, go see someone that can.