Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Computer Is Dead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Computer Is Dead!!!

Any reason for this to happen or do they just go out randomly?The car just spins over and will not fire up. The tech2 say's there is an error and will not communicate with the computer!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally in my experience they don't just "go bad" for no reason, there is usually surrounding circumstances... Can you elaborate? Recent mods or incidents?

If the Tech2 won't communicate have you checked the pcm/batt fuse? Or the cig lighter fuse?

If you can establish comms with the pcm check to see if you have the fuel enable signal from the bcm.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

Havn't checked the fuses.I guess I should do that first. As far as mods it's a bunch!We had to hook up a battery charger to tune it so it would have enough voltage. The battery went dead,because the fuel pump's were pulling more amp's than the altenator could supply.New engine,2 turbo's,2 fuel pumps etc.Hope this help's
Old 08-18-2007, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

i KNOW they say in the HP TUNERS docs to never use the tuner with a battery charger hooked up
Old 08-19-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

check the cig fuse in the car... (easy way... plug something into the cig lighter for power... if no power that fuse is blown... same fuse powers the DLC )

as for the PCM just failing... very very rare, especially if you havent recently reflashed the PCM
Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Totlly unrelated to the original problem but since you mentioned the poor charging. Probably time to look into upgrading the charging system.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by horist
check the cig fuse in the car... (easy way... plug something into the cig lighter for power... if no power that fuse is blown... same fuse powers the DLC )

as for the PCM just failing... very very rare, especially if you havent recently reflashed the PCM
We have been tuning it for the last month,since I swapped to a 6 speed from the auto.The last attempt was a couple of weeks ago,but it started pushing water and then we stopped,so i could get it fixed.We checked all the fuses and seem to be good, but I havn't actually plugged anything in the cig lighter hole though. I wiil try that and see what happen's also!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Doc
Totlly unrelated to the original problem but since you mentioned the poor charging. Probably time to look into upgrading the charging system.

The battery was completly dead. After a pull and we shut the car down it would not start back up. I installed a new one already.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
The battery went dead,because the fuel pump's were pulling more amp's than the altenator could supply.

lol ok dude what ever you say. What would be even more humorous is if you tried to prove that with math.

By using basic addition and common fuel pump current for given flow. You would have to be making over 8000hp to need that much current for fuel pumps.

I am making 600hp right now on a current project and you geussed It. I am not even beginning to taxy the alternator. Sounds like your voltage regulator may be going bad or you lost a diode in the alternator.

Are you also running a big car audio amp and subs when its running. Then I can easily see why your alternator couldn't keep up. But fuel pumps I don't care what mods you have. Unless your doing top fuel your alternator is more than enough.

I would suggest cleaning your connections. As for ecm's burning up. Usually they don't. But they are made with "popcorn parts" so random failures do occur.

Last edited by shotty128; 08-20-2007 at 09:19 AM.