PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

p1153

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default p1153

so i was out with the gf last night for fireworks and dinner yada yada.... after sitting at the beach for about 30 minutes i go to start the car, and it starts kinda hard... like maybe 2 more seconds of cranking.... didnt think anything of it, jsut like what a normal person wouldnt have noticed it lol. anyways she looks over and goes hey the orange light is on... and im like orange like wtf? and its the amazingly dreaded SES light... then i notice the clock says its 1:18 when it is usually right on time, which would have been 10:15 or somethingl ike that.... so i scan the code when i get home and it was p1153 computer controlled air and fuel monitoring or something like that....

so tuning gurus.... wtf is going on with my car im kinda afraid to drive it lol
Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just turn it off...typically happens cuz of headers and the 02s not being heating/getting airflow like usual. i cut mine off car runs fine. been without p1153 and the other one for the other side for almost 2 yrs now. if you leave it on it will cause you to run in Open loop and run rich

so just turn it off

ok...something i'm still not getting, why did your clock reset?? that code has nothing to do with the 1153 code
Old 09-01-2007, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have no idea why the clock reset.... i threw it in there just incase it mattered... im changing my oil tomorrow and going to look over everything to make sure i dont have some loose wiring or something

::edit:: i took it to autozone and cleared the code and it hasnt come back on... im not still in an open loop right?