Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with new LS2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with new LS2 problems

I have a fresh built from scratch LS2 402 with L92/L76 heads/intake, Fast90mm TB
24X reluctor
42# Bosch Injectors
98 harness and 98 ECU, 2002 coils. 64 PSI FP at idle

Motor does not run right. Starts rough, big backfire, idles at 2000rpm on start which slowly drops to 1200rpm, but after 5 min just shuts off, as if someone turned off the key. No slow dying, just shuts down. Does this each time I start it- just shuts off. Becomes harder and harder to start each time, finally fouls the plugs and won't start again until a new set

ECU has been tuned by local guy who knows what he's doing using HPT. Have tried running with the MAF on and off, no change.

This is a direct swap of a previous LS1 which ran fine with the same coils, harness and ECU.

Anything sound familiar as to what is happening? I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out whats wrong. What to do next? I have checked with the supplier, they confirmed that a 24x reluctor was shipped to my builder.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, sounds like it is running WAY too rich. I'd suggest finding an ECU tuner that can put it on a wideband, and also datalog, and have a look how it's running.