Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car like 11:1 AFR using BIDI. I am Confused

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car like 11:1 AFR using BIDI. I am Confused

For the last couple of weeks I have been chasing a rough idle and lean afr readings from PLX SM-AFR.

I replaced wb02 sensor, sm-afr and still basically the same issue.

I installed a FAST90 and have it sealed up. When I try and complete BEN's Map, it always asks fro more fuel at idle and throughout the lower kpa/RPM ranges. The last time I did a BEN Map, I used cells counts of at least 10 to get decent values, I copy/multiplied and started the car, went for a ride and the BEN map was again reading 1.20 and higher.

I restored the prior tune, started the car and went into BIDI and pushed AFR down to 11:1 and it idled wonderfully. Commanded was showing a similar reading but SM-AFR WB was showing about two full points higher.

The car seems to go lean when idling but once on the road it settled in and when running hard, my BEN map was showing .99 - 1.02 in high rpm high KPA cells.

For whatever reason, I did find B4801, stft, enabled but I don't believe that could effect the idle in OLSD or am I wrong?

Just an FYI, but my idle cell 45 kpa x 800 rpm is showing a value of 49+

Car is actually pulling more vacuum since I added the FAST90 so I don't believe I have a leak there.

Last edited by Chalky; 09-14-2007 at 05:33 PM.