PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find anything on this problem..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find anything on this problem..

So I got my car tuned and everything was going great except from time to time I would go WOT and the car would bog real bad once it hit about 3500rpms (in first gear only) and it would drop all the way back down to about 3000rpms before it would catch again and would run great through all other gears. If I run the car from like a 30-40 roll then I have never had it bog on my it has only done it in first gear. I was getting TPS codes but I had those tuned out after I found out there wasnt anything wrong with the TPS sensor or the MAP sensor (it was just from the cam overlap confusing the MAP sensor so the MAP error min/max settings were changed I believe) Anyways at the same time as that the car was data logged to see if there was anything else going on. While it was being data logged the car was just held at a steady rpm and my MAF, MAP, and O2 sensors would all just jump at the same time. After that the voltage off the alternator was checked and at the same time all that was going on the alternator voltage would jump about a .5 to a full volt and it is only for a split second. Well the car is still bogging from time to time and my torque converter will not lockup and if it does decide to lockup then it will just randomly come unlocked and I am sure everything is related but I really just need to know somewhere to start on this. Oh also at times it will also have a somewhat rough idle and will stall on me on occasion.

Do you think a bad voltage regulator on the alternator could cause this?
Would one bad sensor like the MAF cause the others to jump like that?
Or is there a common ground I can try and hunt down?

To me it doesnt really seem like a ground unless the sensors are just the most vulnerable to voltage spikes at the rpm that the car starts bogging and misfiring at but I could definatly be wrong.