Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going crazy!! Car will fire but wont respond to throttle

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going crazy!! Car will fire but wont respond to throttle

Ok, here is the background info. I picked up a 92' Mustang with a ls1 swapped into it. H/c stock bottom end, victor Jr. intake with a sheet metal elbow and a stock throttle body. It was a work in progress when I got it so it did not run. I got everything together now and it will start. It takes a few cranks for it to fire, but it will. Once it's running, it sounds terrible. If you crack the throttle blades the car will bog instead of revving up. Check for codes and I had a handfull of EVAP codes, fan control codes, and a P0200 injector driver code. I went through and double checked everything to the injectors and coils to make sure all was tight. Re-try and same problem but no p0200 this time. I have checked all of the colors of the wires on the injectors to make sure they are correct and they are. I checked the colors at the pcm and they are in the right places. The coils are all on the correct cylinders. I have even gotten to the point of putting a new ecu in the car and the car wont even start on this ecu. Anyone have something else for me to check?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 101mmSBC
Ok, here is the background info. I picked up a 92' Mustang with a ls1 swapped into it. H/c stock bottom end, victor Jr. intake with a sheet metal elbow and a stock throttle body. It was a work in progress when I got it so it did not run. I got everything together now and it will start. It takes a few cranks for it to fire, but it will. Once it's running, it sounds terrible. If you crack the throttle blades the car will bog instead of revving up. Check for codes and I had a handfull of EVAP codes, fan control codes, and a P0200 injector driver code. I went through and double checked everything to the injectors and coils to make sure all was tight. Re-try and same problem but no p0200 this time. I have checked all of the colors of the wires on the injectors to make sure they are correct and they are. I checked the colors at the pcm and they are in the right places. The coils are all on the correct cylinders. I have even gotten to the point of putting a new ecu in the car and the car wont even start on this ecu. Anyone have something else for me to check?
That cars not gonna run on a stock tune.. get it to someone who can tune it for you
Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Teching In

This is my first ls1 build so I don't know much about what the stock ecu will take. I figured it would at least run somewhat on a stock tune. I was planning on getting it dyno tuned, but I just wanted to make sure the car was perfect minus the tune. I would hate to get it out to the dyno and find out i still have another problem underlying. What is it with this combo that is making the computer freak? I have seen a bunch of ls1s with a cam and stock tune be able to drive atleast.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Found the other half of the problem... I only had 40psi of fuel pressure. Turned it up to 60 and much much better. Off for a dyno tune it goes.