PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the exact EFILive IFR table for FAST 36#'s?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question What's the exact EFILive IFR table for FAST 36#'s?

I wanna see how close/far off mine are

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are they rated at?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Black02SS
What are they rated at?
This is exactly the reason for my query

In my research, I haven't been able to discover a definitive answer about the FAST pressure ratings; so I've used the stock 43.5 for now. There's speculation that it could be as high as 48 or 50 . . . speculation sucks

I don't have the tools necessary, nor do I possess the knowledge required to go about physically discovering the pressure running now

Should I just keep it as is with the stock pressure rating??? I'm at a crossroads right now because of the bigger MAF and airlid I recently added to my set-up.

Thanks for the response Chad! It's been a while
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dragon
This is exactly the reason for my query

In my research, I haven't been able to discover a definitive answer about the FAST pressure ratings; so I've used the stock 43.5 for now. There's speculation that it could be as high as 48 or 50 . . . speculation sucks

I don't have the tools necessary, nor do I possess the knowledge required to go about physically discovering the pressure running now

Should I just keep it as is with the stock pressure rating??? I'm at a crossroads right now because of the bigger MAF and airlid I recently added to my set-up.

Thanks for the response Chad! It's been a while
Have you contacted FAST? Sounds like they could be almost anything, from what you've described.
How far off is your fueling? how do you have it set now? what was it before? And how was your fueling then?
I dont put much into the exact numbers, as they can be skewed to better meet the demands of the engine and tune. I have fixed tables for 36s, 42s and 60s, just developed from years of tuning and doing this crap.
If you had the tune spot on before, and changed injectors, and plugged in some numbers and now its off, start skewing the numbers til its back on. If you didnt have the tune dead on, you can get it close, and tune to the setting.
It would also be of more help to know what you're working with. Combo, fuel pressure, what the tune was like before, etc, etc.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Have you contacted FAST? Sounds like they could be almost anything, from what you've described.
How far off is your fueling? how do you have it set now? what was it before? And how was your fueling then?
I dont put much into the exact numbers, as they can be skewed to better meet the demands of the engine and tune. I have fixed tables for 36s, 42s and 60s, just developed from years of tuning and doing this crap.
If you had the tune spot on before, and changed injectors, and plugged in some numbers and now its off, start skewing the numbers til its back on. If you didnt have the tune dead on, you can get it close, and tune to the setting.
It would also be of more help to know what you're working with. Combo, fuel pressure, what the tune was like before, etc, etc.
I was looking at this table from EFI forums http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls and was confused about the fact that the numbers punched in for stock are different from the actual stock PCM programming???

My tune was good with the numbers I had before the MAF/LID so I'll leave well enough alone I guess.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also spent about 2 days searching for any info on the FAST 36 lbers...I couldn't find anything.
I decided to send mine off to have them cleaned, flowed, and balanced. I will post the flow data when I get them back...might take a couple of weeks, though.
JC
Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

You will need to know quite a bit of detail to come up with an exact number. To name a few:
Specific gravity of the fluid used during the injector flow test
The pressure of the fluid used during the flow test
Your actual fuel pressure (there's a turtorial in the EFILive software to help you acquire this value).
Is your fuel system pressure is fixed or referenced.

yada yada yada...