Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners/replacement PCM...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPTuners/replacement PCM...

Hey I ran into a problem and wondering if you guys could possibly give me an answer. I did an LS1 swap into a chevelle a while back and removed VATS, gears and tires ect. My customer burned up the PCM by hooking up the battery backwards and needs a new pcm. This brings me to my question, if I got a replacement computer and programmed it via my Tech 2 with the same VIN as the old PCM would I be able to use the same license as the old PCM or do I need to get another license for the new one? I dont care either way but if I can save my customer a few hundred dollars then Im sure he would be a little bit happier than he is due to his bone head mistake. Otherwise, I guess he'll just have to pony up and bite the bullet for being stupid. Thanks in advance guys
Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you purchase the year/model license and program it with a vin/os pair of the same year you'll be fine. If you single vcm licensed it that means you licensed the vcm's ID number which is unique to that pcm and would need to then relicense the new pcm. Our software will also give you the option to upgrade to the year/model or tunershop license if you'd like to go that route as well.

-Bill
Old 11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

yeah its single licensed since we dont do enough programming on a regular basis to buy the bigger packages, so that answers my question and I guess let that be a lesson to all of you that when the battery terminals dont seem to be fitting correctly, be sure you're hooking up the battery the right way (and if you were unaware, yes positive and negative terminals are different sizes unless you use those garbage repair terminals).
Old 11-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Is this a good source for a PCM?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...spagenameZWDVW

Could you get the PCM from these guys and give them the old PCM's VIN to program into the new one?