Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans issues with tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default trans issues with tune

I know its a different car but all you guys here are the cats *** so i figure id get some good info here......

I got my truck tuned (colorado) a few weeks ago and the trans is acting a little weird. He said all he did was bump up the line pressure but now if im cruising at like 5mph in 2nd gear it goes into lock-up and when i hit the gas it stays in lock-up. Doesnt matter if i hit the brakes or not. I have to put it to the floor to hit passing gear or come to a stop and let the trans "re start". Why is my trans staying in lock-up? Does it maby 2 times a week, so not very often. And how high can you go on line pressure on these? (4l60) I dont know where mine is but i want it to shift real firm/hard. Im going to meet up with my tuner in a few weeks so the more info the better. Hes using HP Tuners also and tuning my truck while i drive it.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year? Also i thought those trucks dont lock up in second gear from the factory?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Its a '05 5 cylinder. I dont know knothing about the trans locking up. One guy said it migh be shifting early into 3td then locking up. Said his did it too. So maby mine is doing it in 3rd.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just modding line pressure should do that though... Odd..

I have pcms in stock fully tuned for $159 for that truck if you want to try another one to see if it does the same thing...
Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

That be cool but i already paid this guy andi ts pretty good. I gotta meet up with him when he comes back in town so he can check it out. Anything i can tell him to look at in HP Tuners? How high do you run the line pressure? I want it to shift pretty hard. Right now its a little better but still a little sloppy.