Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 edit

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 edit

I was just wondering when using LS1 edit, if you turn off one of the sensors, say the rear O2 sensors, will the computer still read information coming from the sensors and just not set a code or will it just turn the sensors off completely. I know it may sound like a stupid question, but I really need to know.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: LS1 edit

I just deleted the codes it will/would throw. And then get rid of the rear's all together.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, all you do is set it to not store a code if those certain conditions are met. It will still read the sensors if they are installed. But it doesn't make any changes off of the rear o2 sensors, so you could get rid of them if you want to or just leave them in.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Well this is the deal, my car keeps setting the front O2 sensors, or so it says anyways. I know that the front O2 sensors are fine, so if they would still do their job and keep the air/fuel the same after removing/looking over them with ls1edit, I would just delete them with ls1edit. I hope that makes since, if not let me know and I'll try and give a better explination.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Have you AutoTapped them to see if they are performing correctly? but, yes just check the "does error set SES" to off, no more light for that code.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

felton316: thanks a lot for the help, and yeah i've autotapped them on several different occassions and they seemed to be working properly and the car doesn't run sluggish at all, so i figure they are running right, I think the code mainly comes from having to have calibrated the MAF table so much since I have mine ported. I had to multiple the table by 117% and then add 5% richer with a maft, just to get the ltrims below 0. Needless to say I wish i had never ported my maf, but now my car is almost tuned perfectly, so i don't want to have to do the tuning all over again, by going back with a stock maf.