Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 only runs for 3-5 seconds??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 only runs for 3-5 seconds??

Well she is running now and open manifolds sound really really mean. I am having a little problem though that hopefully someone can help me with. When she starts she is a little hard to start sometimes and then once running only runs for about 3-5 seconds. I dont have any of the O2 sensors plugged in or the intake air temperature plugged in. So could the senors be the problem or what else could it be?? The check engine never goes off and if I manually hit the throttle body it dies almost right away the fuel pressure is reading 57-58 psi so i think the fuel is ok.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I dont have LS1 edit or Autotap to find out what the trouble codes or readings could be. I know I know I have just not gotten around to ordering it yet.

Oh yeah I didnt change the plugs that were in the car when I put it in. I pulled a few and they looked ok so I kept them. The motor only has about 15000 miles on it.

Thanks
Mike

I am guessing it is the VATS system. Can I disable it without LS1edit? SPEARTECH did my harness. H
Old 07-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1 only runs for 3-5 seconds??

You need the O2's in or simms in, one or the other, with them out or not connected at all, you will get no fuel managment.