2000 c5 with these mods and upgrades.

ls6 intake
ported maf thats been descreened
Cia
EGR deleted
GMPP hot cam
5.3L ported and polished heads
shorty headers
upgraded 28.8 lbs fuel injectores(had 26lbs)
free flowing mufflers

Car wont idle correctly and feels like its missing. Sometimes it runs great and other times it runs really badly. Feels like its not getting spark and starving for gas. The codes are P1514 i believe. malfunction with TB which will also cause it to go into limp mode. But it runs great sometimes and really rough at other times. Completely confused!

I did rebuild the tranny and has yank 2800 stall and put a 3.42 rear end in too.

Does it sound like my stock settings just dont know what to do and a tune will be key or do you guys think there is something wrong. I wish someone else had my similar setup and could give me some input. Ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlow3
2000 c5 with these mods and upgrades.

ls6 intake
ported maf thats been descreened
Cia
EGR deleted
GMPP hot cam
5.3L ported and polished heads
shorty headers
upgraded 28.8 lbs fuel injectores(had 26lbs)
free flowing mufflers

Car wont idle correctly and feels like its missing. Sometimes it runs great and other times it runs really badly. Feels like its not getting spark and starving for gas. The codes are P1514 i believe. malfunction with TB which will also cause it to go into limp mode. But it runs great sometimes and really rough at other times. Completely confused!

I did rebuild the tranny and has yank 2800 stall and put a 3.42 rear end in too.

Does it sound like my stock settings just dont know what to do and a tune will be key or do you guys think there is something wrong. I wish someone else had my similar setup and could give me some input. Ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
You should start with a tune anyway. Specially after changing the injectors although they are only a hair bigger. If the MAP sensor is not sealing properly on the intake or is bad, it will cause the car to go really rich which will make it run like **** under part throttle and idle but will run ok under WOT. This was an intermittant problem that drove me to the brink of insanity.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks. I hope this is it. I cant wait to get everything back together and running again.

Jeff