Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO171 help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PO171 help

Just have a few questions about this code. If its only bank 1 too lean how would the fuel pump, fuel filter, or maf only affect one bank. Ive done some searching and they seem to be the places people are saying to look. I replaced the bank 1 02 sensor...seemed to make the most sense at the time... but no deal still running rough. LTFTS for bank 1 are at 25%. Wouldnt a bad MAF fuel pump or filter affect both banks? Im kinda leaning towards a vaccum leak or even an injector problem but im at a loss for now since I was 99% sure the 02 was to blame. Tomorrow I plan to look at all the vaccum lines and basic stuff but Ive done new plugs and wires and cleaned the MAF recently and checked those connections. To me the MAF or fuel pump etc.. would affect both banks I dunno. Any Ideas??
Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check ur exhaust gaskets @ the block and at the bottom of the manifold? Pull the plugs on the lean side and see what they look like too...
Old 03-01-2008, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Ive figured it out. I had a vaccum leak at the air tube solenoid valve thats behind the driverside coil packs and bolted to the head. the part is 24 bucks but I opted to go with AIR tube block off plates for 10.99 and solve the problem for good.