Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAFT and WOT Timing

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAFT and WOT Timing

After getting my WOT o2s to around 890 or so i now have absolutely NO KR.........however my WOT timing has gone down from on average 25 or so to about 19.8.

Is this too low.......is it going to hurt the performance of the car?

BTW: LTFTs are -.8 and the MAFT is set 10% rich base and 6% rich WOT.
The car has a TSP Lid, SLP Smooth Bellows, and Tbyrne MAF ends with the stock sensor.
THx
Old 07-20-2003, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: MAFT and WOT Timing

After getting my WOT o2s to around 890 or so i now have absolutely NO KR.........however my WOT timing has gone down from on average 25 or so to about 19.8.

Is this too low.......is it going to hurt the performance of the car?

BTW: LTFTs are -.8 and the MAFT is set 10% rich base and 6% rich WOT.
The car has a TSP Lid, SLP Smooth Bellows, and Tbyrne MAF ends with the stock sensor.
THx
When you tapped your Lterms, what fuel cells did you average? I would recommend averaging your Lterms in fuel cells 4 thru 16.
What integer did your Lterms read at WOT? If they were negative your computer is dumping fuel at WOT and therefore giving inconsistent WOT A/F ratios.

A translator isn't a reprogrammer. It, basically, lies to the PCM and will actually pull timing.

Your 19.8* is a tad low but that is because of your ported MAF ends.

I wouldn't recommend messin' with the MAF in the least unless you had a reprogramming tool like LS1 Edit and a great deal of knowledge about tuning/scaling the Injector Flow Rate tables and Mass Air-Flow tables.

Because the ported ends throw your Lterms waaaaaay out of whach you have to adjust base more; which in turn pulls more timing and so on.

I don't really think you're helping performance once you add the pro's and con's; I'd go out on a limb to say if you went back to your stock MAF and re-tuned with your translator you'd have more power than you have now.

BTW: I very happily ran a Mass Air-Flow Translator for months before I got Edit

Happy tuning!