Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am fixing to make some changes and need info on tuning software

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I am fixing to make some changes and need info on tuning software

I am fixing to install a forged short block with a set of stage 2 ported heads with a 232 236 598 lift comp cam. Long tube headers with an off road y pipe. I am deleteing ERG and AIR as well as the rear 02 sensors.
I am thinking about just buying the tuning software like efi live or hp tuners. I am wondering what all I will need to get a good tune put in the car. I know I will have a lot to learn but what all will I need to get started? Are there any down loadable tunes taht would work with my setup? Is there good support out for learning to tune with this software? Or should I just pay some one to tune my car and forget about it?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The main thing you will need is a wideband oxygen sensor. That coupled with EFILive will get you where you need to be. There is a tune section with a few tunes to download or I can help you out if you need.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah our repository has ~1000 tunes from stock through boosted applications and some of our resellers offer starter tunes or tuning how-to packages/phone tech support which in most cases I would recommend over just a starter tune.

The reason being while starter tunes are nice its nice to actually know why certain things were changed and generally by how much you should change them for a particular application.

-Bill
Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

What does it cost for every thing needed to start tuning on one car? What all will I need?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

go to hptuners.com and also check out their forums, read up and start learning now befor you even get your software. then when you get your software, open up the editor and scanner, go to the forum and go step by step looking at all the tables you have been reading about and see how they work. after you learn the software......happy tuning
Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
What does it cost for every thing needed to start tuning on one car? What all will I need?
$499 or $649 depending on which piece of hardware you'd prefer(most choose the pro version for the standalone datalogging & inputs) then its just a matter of if you want to purchase a wideband, etc.

-Bill