Sponsored by:

Running rich

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running rich

Guys,

I'm about to take my car to Futral to finalize my 3 bar SD tune. I'm trying to take care of any little issues I my have so all they have to do is tune the car.

Could anyone explain how to take some fuel out during idle? I'vegot HP Tuners and the car is currently trying/ running rough... wide band shows 12 to 13.2.

This again is a 3 bar SD tune, any help, walk through appreciated.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by koji777
Guys,

I'm about to take my car to Futral to finalize my 3 bar SD tune. I'm trying to take care of any little issues I my have so all they have to do is tune the car.

Could anyone explain how to take some fuel out during idle? I'vegot HP Tuners and the car is currently trying/ running rough... wide band shows 12 to 13.2.

This again is a 3 bar SD tune, any help, walk through appreciated.
You want to reduce the numbers in your VE table. Specifically, the idle cells. By lowering the number, you are commanding less fuel. Highlight the idle cells as a block and then type in .95 in the command box and then hit the multiply button. Save new tune, reflash, restart motor, reset fuel trims and see what the afr settles down to.

That is a general way to lean out the idle.

They should be able to fix it along with the rest of the VE table when they tune it.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks very much.. I'll give it a try!