Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf ends and tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default maf ends and tuning

i have some custom predator tuning done to my car and i plan to do some MAF ends on it, i took off the slp maf and want to do this. would it mess up my programming and air/fuel? what should i look at to see if i need a new program? thanks guys
Old 07-25-2003, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: maf ends and tuning

Ported MAF ends may cause your car to lean out and start pinging in the higher RPMs. My tuner asked me to replace my ported ends with the stock ones before tuning because you could feed more timing in without worrying about pinging and KR. If I were you, save the money and put it into some other go-fast part.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: maf ends and tuning

well is it possible that it can be alright if i have it custom tuned? im not messing with the timing or anything, just using the base tune but had to have it modified to get the LTFT's right. i know i have to keep an eye on these and the o2 numbers at full throttle and the KR at full throttle. if i have no knock and the o2 is ok after a few wide open runs and i get the LTFT's right should i be alright. how would i know the car was pinging at high rpms? would it show that consistently on KR or something ? any help guys would be great, thanks