Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap and Edit questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autotap and Edit questions

OK I have done lots of reading and thanks to a few of you I am getting my car tuned and problems worked out. I would like an understanding of the following:

I am sure I am not the only one wonderring so please be descriptive .
In autotap EXACTLY...
1> What parameters to log to check A/F. I am currently thinking its the LTFT values from my reading. If so, and say your numbers are positive, exactly what tab to modify to bring it to negative.
2> What parameters to log for injector duty? What would I be looking for?
3> I was told my timing table was screwed up which I dont doubt. Though I never changed it. I understand its adjusted in the low/high octane/VE tabs. and multiplying by more than 100% increases it... what exactly is logged to tell you that you have say 28 degrees of timing? From what I understand I am to add as much as I can until I see knock... Correct?
4> Finally what exactly do you log to get your IAC counts? I logged the iac position and my numbers were up to 199 so I figured that was the wrong tab to select as I think you should shoot for 30-50.

Thanks,
I know I used the word exactly a lot but for people like me that word is really important.

If some of you would take a second and make a quick list I would appreciate it. If someone else would like to add to this thread please hijack it as much as you like.

I know this is long but good answers could really help me start to understand whats being done to my tune. I appreciate all of your help...
Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Autotap and Edit questions

Just a friendly sugestion here, no flame intended: if you ask just one specific thing at a time and keep your question short, you will get quicker and better replies. A question this long is a bit intimidating and even if one person could answer all your questions, they would have to take 4 hours out of their day to do it as thoroughly and precisely as you wish.

Ok, your IAC's could very well be 199, depends on the engine temperature and a few other conditions. I don't personally think it's that important to get them into the 30-50 range unless the PCM can't maintain the idle speed you have it programmed for under all conditions, e.g. when cold or with A/C on. With your cam you could drill the TB up to a .250" hole to get them down, but this is not a must.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Autotap and Edit questions

Thanks for the tip. I did one thread with selected questions only to have a good thread for newbies to go to instead of going to search and get this little bit then search again and get that little bit. The questions asked should be a good start for anyone that purchases autotap and ls1edit.
I figured it would take quite a few chimes to answer the questions. Just as you already answered the IAC question. Usually people post the same links to answer the questions e.g. slowcar.net...
BTW nice ride you have there.