Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to re-tune idle RAF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do I need to re-tune idle RAF?

Do i need to re-tune my idle RAF numbers If I go from a smooth straight connection between my TB and Lid(no MAF installed) to the stock accordian piece with the MAF installed?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it idles, starts and stops fine I wouldnt mess with it. The PCM has idle learning anyways
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
if it idles, starts and stops fine I wouldnt mess with it. The PCM has idle learning anyways
Ok, so heres the thing. My first setup a 3 years ago was a cam only. Tuned in SD fine, then recalibrated my MAF and ran fine. Now with my new setup (see sig) for the last 2 years I have been running with no MAF installed in CLSD with STFTs only, LTFTs shut off. Now I want to get back into MAF mode to eliminated needing to adjust the tune. So, I re-installed the MAF, plugged it in (left MAF FAIL at 0 hz) and started to tune VE. Problem is that they wont go slightly neg. My Excel calculator takes the STFTs, multiplies by 0.5 unless the values are +/- 3 in which case it multiplies by 1.0.

So today I started tuning VE. Take a drive, STFTs all over the place, calc using excel, upload. Take another drive, STFTs much better with most slightly negative but a few in the low map/rpm range are in the teens. So I calc again, upload. Go for a drive and my STFTs are all slightly positive with a few in the teens. WTF? I remember having this issue last fall when trying to go back to MAF, so I just quit trying and stored the car. I never remember having this issue with the cam only setup.

Do I need to change my calc to .25 instead of .5?

Thanks for the help!!