PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 and P1637 - "blinking" Odometer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0300 and P1637 - "blinking" Odometer?

Hey guys-

I am popping these two codes..

I was driving home today after being out for about an hour and the SES starts flashing, but the car feels fine.. So I go to check the Interceptor guage to pull the codes..

I notice it is "frozen" on the last set of data it read.. Nothing was changing.. Pulled over, turned the car OFF and the Interceptor turned ON and booted up like normal.. Basically doing what it was supposed to do while the car was on.. Completely backwards..

Ok, so that's odd.. So I start the car back up, Interceptor goes out and the SES comes on, but is not flashing..

Well, I needed to get it to the house, so I continue to drive it..

Interceptor is dead.. Won't come on while the car is ON.. Turn the car off, interceptor is fine.. Works like a champ?

Also, my odometer is sorta... glitching.. kinda like blinking on and off occasionally..

Sorta like TV's do in horror movies right before someone gets killed.. Maybe Freddy's in my car.. LOL

Anyway, anyone have ANY idea where to begin with this?

I have read the P1637 is commonly associated with the exciter wire on the ALT.. I've also read it can be a pinched wire in the PCM "cover.."

Just thought I'd see if anyone had any guesses on the flashing odometer deal?

Thanks guys

Jeff
Old 04-12-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a bump?

Anyone?

I checked the exciter wire and I cannot find where it might be broken, if it is.. It appears to be intact..

I am also getting ~13.5v off the alternator while the car is idling.. I do not remember what the "normal" voltage of the car is while idling but seems like it was higher than that? 14.6v?